1. She looks at herself in the mirror and laughs. I look in the mirror and well… I don’t laugh. She sees her smile, her bright eyes and a happy baby, we could all take a lesson from that.
2. She wears tutus and hair bows that are sometimes bigger than her face and nobody thinks twice about it.
3. Speaking of tutus, the girl has some serious style. Dresses from baby boutiques in San Francisco, a knitted owl hat from Africa, sheep booties from an artist’s colony in northern California. I shop at Target and sometimes if I’m feeling trendy, Gap.
4. Mail. Oh the mail. The Bug receives three cards to our one for every Valentine’s, Christmas, Easter, or start of spring, no joke.
5. She makes friends everywhere she goes. People at the park? Cashiers at Hannaford? They remember her, not me. C’est la vie.