Rooted in ME, started humbly last year as a place to record my thoughts about diving into Maine culture. Since then, we’ve added a little girl to our family, bought a house and I’ve started a new job at the paper.
It’s been a fun year.
The Liebster Award has a few rules:
1. Answer the questions sent to you
2. Nominate 11 bloggers
3. Ask them 11 questions thought up by you
4. Notify them that they have been nominated
So without further adieu:
1) What was your first favorite blog?
My first experience with blogging was back in the mid 2000s when friends and family members started them to stay in contact. But the first two blogs I really got into were Enjoying the Small Things and Young House Love.
2) How do you find time to write?
Since writing is my job, I do most of it during the day. Any sort of “extra” writing I do at night or on the weekends from a coffee shop.
3) When was the last time you spent a day totally unplanned?
Oh my goodness, probably when I was a young child, and that’s not an exaggeration. I am a planner, a list writer and always have at least one thing on my “to do” list everyday.
4) What was the last great book you read?
I just finished “A Thousand Splendid Suns” and it was fabulous.
5) Have you written a book?
6) Who are your favorite bloggers/writers?
I enjoy a lot of mom blogs out there, but honestly, I really just love that blogging keeps me in touch with family and friends.
7) How many countries have you been to?
8) If you could learn any language which would it be?
I speak intermediate Spanish so I would love to become fluent and I’d love to learn Italian which I spoke as a child, but don’t remember much of now.
9) What is one blog goal or challenge you want to accomplish for 2015?
I would like to be more consistent with my blogging and write a few more essays about my thoughts on motherhood. I find that writing for a living makes writing for fun sometimes feel like work, so I don’t do it enough.
10) What is one strange or surprising fact about you that would surprise your readers?
I have lived in five states during the past five years.
11) What did you know – or hear – about the Liebster Award before today?
As a journalist and someone who has followed blogs for years, I have started probably a half dozen myself. So I’ve known about Liebster Awards for awhile now.
Now, I’m changing up the rules a bit here and letting anyone who wants to play along do so. Here are your questions:
1. Do you prefer hot or cold weather and why?
2. What was your most memorable holiday gift?
3. What do you miss the most about being a child?
4. What is your favorite thing about living in Maine?
5. What are some ways you show your holiday spirit?
6. What blogs do you find yourself checking daily?
7. What was the first blog you fell in love with?
8. What is your favorite winter activity?
9. What was the most memorable blog post you’ve ever read?
10. What websites (besides blogs) do you find yourself reading daily?
11. How do you balance life?